A look at the design, market and legacy of Victorian pottery

Sunday, August 22, 2021

The Majolica Flower Pieces of the Etruscan Works

In 2010 I gave a lecture on Etruscan Majolica at the Phoenixville Historical Society. I was honored to have descendants of Etruscan pottery partner David Smith in the audience. My lecture included sections on each of the major themes the company explored in their production. For each of these I did a short video showing the pieces created by the Etruscan Works. This was all in service of promoting my book on Etruscan Majolica.

Etruscan Majolica geranium plate

I’m happy to say that the interest in my book has not waned and it still sells at a steady pace.

I thought the readers of my blog would enjoy seeing some of these videos. The first video I posted was the animal themed pieces the company made. I have also posted a video on the leaf and basket themed pieces. This, the third video I’m posting in the series, shows the flower themed pieces made at the Etruscan Works. Details on all of these pieces as well as additional examples appear in my book. A link to the book on Amazon is found above as well as on the sidebar to the right should you be interested in learning more. The book also includes a detailed history on the pottery and its founders.

I hope you enjoy the video.

Video©D.Bastas

1 comment: